MDA: Tec 6 Plus Desflurane Vaporiser
The MHRA have released a new Medical Device Alert (MDA) dated 9 November 2009.
The device concerned is a Tec 6 Plus Desflurane vaporiser and it has been discovered to have a a higher than expected age related failure of an internal component, which has resulted in either over or under delivery of anaesthetic agent to patients.
The following action is required:
• Identify all Tec 6 Plus Desflurane
• Ensure users are made aware of the
increased failure rate of these devices.
• Have procedures in place to ensure that:
- the vaporiser’s performance is closely
- the vaporiser is replaced immediately if
any problem is suspected
- the vaporiser performance is regularly
checked, as recommended in its user
reference manual in sections 6-2 and 6-3.
We urge you to read the MDA by clicking here and ensure that the actions are implemented in your workplace.